Friday 5 July 2013

DEXTER: THE FINAL SEASON

THE DARK PASSENGER RISES!!!



There's just something about Dexter's character that I fell in like with 8 years ago. Maybe it's the fact I see so much of myself in him for reasons which cannot be disclosed and no I am not a serial killer however this past week I did consider putting a certain someone in a SAW trap which would be impossible for her to escape. I always did like the inverted bear trap. "DUECES B!@%H!*Inhales...Exhales* ...OK I'm calm now.

Could this be the end for Dexter?
Season 8 (the last ever season) began last Sunday and I couldn't wait for it to be back on my TV screen. Considering it returned much sooner than I had expected as Dexter normally premiers in Aumtum or as my fellow Americans like to call it...the Fall.  Dexter is back to his good old ways, the dark knight of Miami cleaning the streets of drug lords and murderers, trying to follow the code of his father who groomed his dark passenger and while trying to raise his son. 

Is it me or has Harrison changed, to be honest the little boy who plays Dexter's son this season seems to be much better anyway as the last one always looked so disengaged, barely had any lines and always looked distracted by something happening off set as he from time to time would look directly into the camera lens. 

Dexter and Deborah 
So Deborah our favourite, (always drops an F-Bomb in every sentence) detective sister, is in a really bad place in her life after *SEASON 7 MAJOR SPOILER* finding out Dexter was actually the Bay Harbour Butcher  and killing lieutenant La Guerta after she managed to piece the clues together and accuse him of it.*END OF SPOILER* So now Deb is on drugs, proclaiming she is working a case and its all going wrong for her. 


But now there's a new sheriff in town, a middle aged woman who joins the Miami Met, Dr. Evelyn Vogel. With long stares and wide glances at one another you can tell that this woman knows something about Dexter. Wondering how his life has been flipped, turned upside down Dexter is approached by Dr. Vogel who leaves an envelope with him and walks off. Dexter opens the envelope to discover drawings from a child illustrating death and a little boy separated from his family, to which we find out were his from when he was a child. 

Dexter demands answers from Dr. Vogel
Dexter runs up to her grabs her by the throat demanding what she wants. She says to him...
"You cant kill me"
"Why"
"Because I don't fit Harry's code" 

*DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUUUUM*
O.M.G if that's not a way to end the first episode of a season premiere then I don't know what is.


As per usual I won't be missing any of Dexter this season and I cannot wait to see what they have in store for us and considering this is the last ever season I guess all bets are off and anything can happen. I will be definately sad to see it go so I'm going to make the most of it while it's here. 

CATCH THE LAST EVER SEASON OF DEXTER ON SHOWTIME FOR US VIEWERS 

AND ON FOX FOR UK VIEWERS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+